Sr Czech Engineering and Maintenance Manager (Pilsen, Czechia)
Senior Engineering & Maintenance Manager – Manufacturing (Pilsen, Czech Republic)
Salary: 130,000 – 150,000 CZK base monthly (e 5330 – e 6150 base monthly)
Location: Plzeň, Czechia (onsite)
Senior Engineering & Maintenance Manager’s goal is to positively impact the customer experience and to improve operational costs. This position will lead and direct all facets of the engineering management including development and implementation of continuous improvement strategies and standards across the entire facility based on lean manufacturing methodology to drive business performance excellence, maintenance best practices, safety compliance, cost reductions projects and support to other initiatives around delivery, quality, and people development. The Engineering Manager may need to travel between sites.
- Create the company’s Engineering and process improvement programs management strategies and objectives.
- Propose and manage projects to improve process efficiencies & manufacturing variances like units per hour, scrap reduction and machine utilization,
- Define process best practices for all manufacturing decoration processes.
- Register and follow up on continuous improvement projects from other departments, define methodologies, recommend and suggest standardized problem-solving tools and formats.
- Set up effective process flows that includes sequence of operations, WIP and layouts for all manufacturing areas.
- Create and develop best practices for maintenance programs for preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance.
- Automate documentation of preventive & predictive actions plans.
- New product, process, and projects analysis support
- Responsible for introducing & maintaining lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Address the entire production system lifecycle and build a solid, plant-floor based system to prevent accidents, defects, and breakdowns.
- Develop and continuously improve processes mitigating risk by creating contingency plans.
- Responsible for industrial safety compliance
- Support product & new processes launches, ramp ups and technical skill knowledge.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly.
- Establish annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) regarding Company’s KPI’s,
- Responsible for implementation and continuity of 5’s programs
- 7+ years in engineering & maintenance management experience
- Strong knowledge in lean / Six sigma – certifications is a plus.
- Previous manufacturing industry experience with strong working knowledge of Project Management.
- Fluency in Czech/Slovak and English essential