International Procurement – Associate, Sr. Associate
Location: Cork, Ireland
Our client, a multinational pharmaceutical company, is looking for an experienced International Procurement Associate / Sr. Associate to join their team. As an International Procurement Associate, you will be responsible for overseeing the sourcing and procurement of goods and services from global suppliers. You will play a crucial role in managing supplier relationships negotiating contracts and ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality products (clinical trial, laboratory, and R&D projects).
- Develop, design, and implement international category strategies for specified areas of spend.
- Use strategic sourcing processes, as well as project management skills and methodologies, to assure project completion on schedule.
- Manage supplier relationships in collaboration with business units.
- Serve as a point of contact for contractual and performance issues.
- Lead negotiations and contract development within area of responsibility.
- Manage the sourcing/tendering process with the use of eSourcing technologies.
- As needed, provide commercial advise to business areas.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to create authorized supplier strategies and lists for key areas of responsibility.
- Encourage and guarantee adherence to procurement processes and the Financial Responsibility Authorisation Policy.
- Proven track record in Procurement leadership / Category Management
- International Procurement Experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively, develop strong relationships and lead at all levels cross-functionally, both internally and externally
- Commercially aware with a proactive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Ability to lead multiple projects and internal customer groups
- Accomplished in external interactions and negotiations
- Self-motivated, able to pro-actively seek and prioritise opportunities
- Skilled at working with minimal close guidance
- Degree level of education in Procurement, Business administration, or Finance or Degree level education in any discipline with relevant experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- CIPS / IIPMM / ISM qualification and/or relevant Procurement
- IT literacy with the Microsoft Office suite & SAP/Ariba