Health and Safety Consultant
Field-based in Ireland – Dublin / Cork / Sligo
Our client’s first specialism was Employment Law and today they offer the service of Human Resource Consultancy, Health and Safety Management, Insurance, Employee well-being, and much more.
Short overview of the role:
Our client’s Health & Safety Department is looking for a hardworking professional Health & Safety Consultant with a high level of technical knowledge and experience. You will have the ability to build strong relationships with your clients and deliver a high-quality, cost-effective consultancy service.
· Structured career pathway
· Work from home when not attending sites
· Car allowance
· 25 Days of annual leave + Bank Holidays + Day off for your birthday
· To deliver contractual services at client sites across multiple industries.
· Deliver a professional service as the H&S face of our client, ensuring that you comply with both company and departmental policies, procedures and protocols
· To visit clients’ premises for the purpose of carrying out agreed contractual work
· Undertake health and safety visits to client’s premises in accordance with departmental protocols and contract requirements, in particular where SLAs are in place
· Submit any relevant reports or other such associated documents in accordance with client demand and departmental protocols
· Advise clients on matters of Health and Safety standards and best practice affecting their business
· Attend company meetings, courses etc. when required to update and maintain professional skills/knowledge
· Supporting the client through effective crisis management where required
· Ideally, you will be a Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health, or equivalents.
· Applications from Graduate members of IOSH or candidates eligible for entry at Grad IOSH level will also be considered.
· Strong Health and Safety technical knowledge
· Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
· Ability to prioritise workload