Haemodialysis Clinical Nurse Specialist
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Ambulatory Care Channel) – GALWAY
€50k – €60k (The salary is pro rata to 30 hours)
Galway, Ireland (ON-SITE); Monday – Friday; Permanent position, 30hrs p.w.
Our client is a well-known Renal Care Clinic based in Galway.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist will be reporting to CNM 3.
- Assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of monthly bloods, transplant work up and follow up, Hepatitis B vaccinations and monitoring to a haemodialysis patient grouping.
- Provide information and specialist advice to patients on haemodialysis. Selecting and developing appropriate literature and support networks that are available.
- To be involved in infection control and health promotion of the haemodialysis population.
- To commence transplant work-up and evaluations, liaise with the medical team regarding having suitable patients placed on the transplant pool in a timely manner.
- Attend renal transplant multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Maintain clinical and practical skills in haemodialysis.
- To be aware of legislation and amendments governing or affecting nursing, health and safety.
- Monthly Bloods, analysis and prescription specific to Anaemia and Renal Mineral Bone Disease management.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination programme, prescribing vaccination, monitoring annual titres and prescribing boosters where required, monitoring non responders.
- To Compile and report monthly and annual audit data for the AIS.
- Nurse prescribing as per Collaborative Practice Agreement
- A qualification to degree level in Nursing and registered with NMBI.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Renal Nursing is essential.
- Certificate in Nurse/Midwife Prescribing desirable.