Clinical Psychologist – Intellectual Disability Swords, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Our client is a leading provider of services and support to adults with an intellectual disability across County Fingal
Hours: 37 hours
Reporting to: Clinical Services Manager
- Hold a recognised postgraduate qualification in clinical or counselling psychology (recognised by the Psychological Society of Ireland, and validated by the Department of Health and Children).
- A keen interest in progressing disability services
- Full, clean, manual driving license
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills, competencies and knowledge:
- A commitment to assuring high standards and strive for a person-centred service
- Competence in delivering a professional service
- An awareness of current professional issues
- A clear understanding of professional ethics
- Knowledge of research methods
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) to effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role
- Sufficient clinical knowledge and evidence-based practice to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role
- An ability to apply knowledge from best practice
- An ability to plan and deliver support in an effective and resourceful manner within a model of person-centred planning.
- An ability to effectively evaluate information and make appropriate decisions
- Display effective interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate with colleagues, families, carers, etc.
- Effective team working
- Adaptable to change and commitment to continuing professional development
Generous Annual Leave, Sick Pay Scheme, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Training / Continuous professional development, Cycle to Work Scheme, Career Progression Opportunities, Superb facilities, Positive work environment.