Business Development Manager – Hotels & Hospitality
Location: On-site / Johnstown, Enfield, Co. Meath, Ireland
The role’s purpose is to optimize hotel revenue by negotiating corporate rates, MICE and group business proposals, accomplishing growth and fulfilling sales targets in accordance with the hotel’s business plan.
Under the supervision of the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Create an effective pipeline that targets key markets (MICE & Corporate) with a focus on measurable outcomes.
- Be clear, succinct, and professional communicator.
- To ensure effective management of key accounts and DMCs and to recognise and capitalise on all opportunities from these existing accounts and maintain them to their optimum level
- Schedule outside sales calls to target existing and new customers.
- Facilitate site inspections of the hotel and entertain clients as appropriate to support efforts.
- Attend any trade fairs relevant to your market as a representative of the property, ensuring that the quality image of the Hotel is portrayed and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel.
- To have a strong knowledge of the competitive set and remain up to date on key business market analysis to determine guest needs, occupancy potential, desired rates, etc.
- Qualify business leads and engage with clients.
- Complete RFP’S and corporate contracting processes.
- Ability to follow up and see the project through to completion.
- Genuine, approachable and enthusiastic.
Requirements for the role:
- Strong communication, relationship building & negotiating skills
- 2 – 3 Years of Sales Experience required (preferably within the hospitality industry)
- Full clean driving license
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.