Associate Director Clinical Costing – CORK
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – CLINICAL TRIALS DESIGN CAPABILITIES CLINICAL COSTING
Location: Cork, Ireland
Requirement: EU/UK Passport or Irish Stamp 4
Our client is a global leading pharmaceutical company who are searching for an Associate Director Clinical Costing to join them and develop the business together.
- Develop strong working relationships with collaborators
- Document and update CDDA resource models used in Prism
- Develop modelled and/or manually generated project forecast and scenario cost estimates for clinical activities
- Maintain accurate forecast information in PRISM for assigned projects and CDDA functions and grant/non-grant costs
- Maintain Power BI forecasting reports for clinical trials and clinical functions
- Inform needed model changes and partner with collaborators to ensure approved resource estimations are reflected accurately and timely in PRISM for clinical components.
- Partner with RMF, ClinDev, CDDA leadership and BU Finance Analysts on the development of key messages related to clinical forecast outcomes and troubleshooting clinical cost variances.
- Influence clinical development team members to consider cost-effective options and provide optionality to teams based on prior experience and expertise.
- Manage your work by ensuring that proactive quality control, backup, training, and effective communications are in place.
- Anticipate changing collaborator needs and adapt to change effectively while considering LRL strategic initiatives, technology options, operational implications, and impact on people as it relates to clinical costing and forecasting,
- Incorporate high-level Decentralized Clinical Trial (DCT) costing information into clinical cost estimates/ tools in partnership with CDDA functions that own DCT workstreams
- Provide clinical trial cost breakdown for CDDA leadership cost comparison analysis (eg, Cost Per Patient breakdown)
- Develop/maintain new aggregate-level grant cost estimate tools and techniques for forecasting activities in collaboration with CDDA functions
- Lead special projects as needed.
- Proactively establish, implement, and monitor business processes to deliver accurate and timely clinical cost information.
- Support alignment between Clinical Development, RM&F and clinical cost services provided by understanding and managing linkages within Vault Clinical and other systems as appropriate.
- Proactively identify the impact of issues/changes on the process, people, and points of integration for clinical cost components.
- Partner with CDDA for maintenance and update of clinical forecasting processes documented in cDOS.
- Education: BS degree or 10 years of experience in an industry professional role
- Business Acumen – Minimum 3 years of experience working with drug development costs, specifically Exploratory Medicine and Clinical Research
- Strong preference for capacity planning, forecast estimation and/or drug development experience in Clinical functional areas
- Knowledge of PRISM, Vault Clinical, eCTS and similar
- Ability to influence without authority (i.e. through informal or formal leadership and effective communication) value management for programs, projects, products, and trials across the Lilly portfolio
- Ability to anticipate and recognize issues, diagnose root causes, propose creative alternatives
- Ability to understand the vision and strategy and align tactics accordingly