Account Manager – Medical device company
You will be responsible for selling and supporting the client’s range of innovative CSTD components in both HSE and private hospitals. You will frequently collaborate with Oncology and Haematology Nurse Specialists in the hospitals, Specialist Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians working in Aseptic Compounding units, and Specialist Pharmacists. Additionally, you will need to communicate with procurement staff members who are in charge of medical device procurement frequently.
- Implement the Company’s sales process to establish a culture of consultative selling to customer decision-makers at all levels.
- Establish and maintain productive business connections with senior decision-makers in significant accounts.
- Lead and organize the creation of action plans for breaking into new markets.
- Attempt to maintain the highest possible profit margin while providing prompt, accurate, and competitive pricing on all finished prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval.
- Ensure that all pricing, sales, and activity reports are accurately recorded.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Coordinate sales and business initiatives and integrate sales processes across the company in the allocated Territory.
- Facilitate feedback to different areas of the company’s business regarding client needs, operational needs, business opportunities and marketing/sales eure executive level representation at high-stakes meetings with prospects, clients, and technology/channel partners where necessary.
- Work closely with Product & Services Marketing: channel feedback on product features and functions, trends, program needs, customer outreach programs and events.
- Recommend selling techniques based on market and product knowledge.
- Assist in developing brand identity and recognition in the allocated Territory.
- Utilizing the proper sales tools and procedures, provide accurate and timely forecasts; maintain all relevant information on clients, prospects, campaigns, and leads.
- Assure that business is conducted accurately, within pricing parameters, and in accordance with the highest ethical standards by working with the sales leadership and the sales operations team.
- Collaborate with clients to guarantee prompt payment of invoices.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Science/nursing pharmacy qualification.
- Minimum 5 years experience in hospital pharmacy, aseptic, medical device or pharmaceutical sales (Oncology/Haematology).
- Although related pharmacy and oncology/haematology experience would be an advantage this is secondary to strong sales skills and good working knowledge of the buying processes within the HSE and private hospital sector.