Assistant Director of Nursing
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced nurse manager to join our client’s growing nursing home group. They are looking for a dynamic, organized individual to drive resident safety and experience while also inspiring care teams to strive for excellence.
The Assistant Director of Nursing will be responsible for providing professional and managerial leadership. The post holder will serve as a visible professional role model.
- Assure high standards of care by providing professional leadership, motivation, and supervision.
- Provide effective clinical and professional leadership that demonstrates values and behaviors consistent with the company’s ethos and serves as a role model for all nursing home staff.
- Provide line management and development of clinical nursing teams, care teams, and individuals within the Care Group as needed.
- Assist in the delivery of care by engaging patients and staff, providing clinical supervision, and holding oneself and others accountable for the delivery of care in the nursing home.
- Create innovative strategies to guide and coach Nursing/teams in developing and strengthening leadership skills in order to meet their role’s responsibilities and provide succession planning.
- Fill in for the Director of Nursing as needed.
- Assist in determining service needs and plans in collaboration with the Director of Nursing and Management.
- Ensure that resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Qualifications and Experience
- NMBI Registered Nurse
- Nursing management experience in the elder care setting
- Post-registration Management qualification in health or a related field
- Thorough knowledge of HIQA standards, regulations, and governance in a Nursing Home setting