Governance, Risk & Compliance Manager
The ideal candidate for this position will have previous management-level experience delivering these types of engagements in the areas of governance, risk management, credit underwriting, data protection, AML/CTF, outsourcing, and investment management.
The position will present a fantastic opportunity for the successful applicant to join the management team as a key player with defined career advancement and collaborate closely with other team members to deliver our clients with high-quality, individualized services. There will be many opportunities to build and maintain relationships with clients and share team leadership duties with other team members.
Key attributes of the role:
- Providing risk management support and training to a large portfolio of credit union clients ranging in asset size of up to €400m
- Assessing and advising on internal control frameworks covering all aspects of the clients business
- Facilitating in risk identification, assessment and internal control evaluation
- Examining whether all relevant laws and best practices are being followed
- Solid understanding of internal audit, including creating internal audit strategies, annual audit programs, and Terms of Reference for specific engagements
- Playing a part in winning new work
- Managing, supervising, coaching, training and leading a team
- Delivering high-quality work internally and externally
- Managing workflows to deliver work within agreed timeframes and budgets
- Reviewing the work of other team members
- Writing and presenting high quality reports and presentations which include the required observations and recommendations
- A bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) in business, finance, or a related field
- Although not required, professional certification in risk, compliance, or internal audit is preferred.
- Strong internal control framework knowledge; two years’ minimum experience in the risk, compliance, governance, and/or internal audit fields; relevant sector or industry experience
- Strong people management and people development abilities.