General Accounting Analyst/Senior Analyst
LOCATION: CORK, IRELAND
*Fixed term with a view to extension
- Complete ownership of the Balance Sheet Cash in Transit, Prepaid, and Accruals
- Collaborating closely with the local affiliate finance organisation to understand current affiliate activities and ensure they are properly reflected in financial statements. This includes both preparing accounting entries and reviewing locally prepared accounting entries for accuracy and completeness, as well as the appropriateness of backup.
- Creating and managing monthly trial balance packages for small, medium, and large affiliates, including fluctuation analysis
- Ensuring compliance to standard month/quarter/year-end timelines and coordinating the various contributing teams, e.g. BPO, affiliate finance, CFR, to facilitate this.
- Ensuring leadership of, and support for, the external BPO team in terms of accounting entry quality and timeliness, clearing activities, and ICO processing.
- Prepare, review, and approve account reconciliations using internal reconciliation methodology.
- Assisting with global/regional GA projects.
- Assisting with the overall GA team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training new team members.
- 2 years of experience in the Finance function or public accounting practise, preferably with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting (Undergraduate or Masters as required for certification)
- A CPA, CIMA, ACCA, Chartered Accountant, or equivalent is required.
- English fluency
- Capability to deal with complexity and apply analytical skills while paying close attention to detail
- The ability to analyse and resolve problems proactively and effectively.
- The ability to prioritise and complete key tasks and deliverables while demonstrating complete ownership and accountability