Senior Buyer – Pilsen, Czech Republic
SENIOR BUYER – Plzeň – město, Plzeň, Czechia
Fully on-site position Monday to Friday
Czech native speaker & fully fluent in English
Salary range: from 55 000 CZK – 70 000 CZK gross/month (from €2240 – €2860 gross/month)
Our client is a multinational company expert in personalised promotional products created for and inspired by small businesses. With 56 years of experience and serving 22 countries worldwide, the company offers MORE value, savings and time to customers through expert guidance on a broad range of personalized promotional products, including writing instruments, stationery, drinkware, bags, gifts, and trade show accessories.
As Senior Buyer you assume the overall responsibility of purchasing activities of promotional goods for the clients’ sites in the Czech Republic and any other location as needed. You will be responsible for ensuring all orders (mostly Vendors based in China) are processed promptly, monitor forecasts, supply capacity with vendors and assess the optimum time to place orders in consideration of forecasts, lead times and production schedules. You will manage stock ordering to ensure we carry sufficient stock to avoid stock outs whilst avoiding carrying too much stock to manage cash flow.
- 25 days of vacation
- Reduced weekly working hours of 37.5 hours per week
- Meal allowance: CZK 120 per day
- Contribution to supplementary pension insurance of 1% of wages, min. CZK 300 per month
- Contribution of CZK 1000 per month to the Sodexo card
- Employee referral scheme
- 13 annual salaries
- Casual working environment and atmosphere (no dress code)
- Manage the availability of inventory to your assigned SKUs to satisfy production and customer needs.
- Closely monitor forecasted material needs.
- Quick effective response to urgent requirements.
- Schedule and Track orders and ensure timely delivery to all plants.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity of safety stocks, purchase order dates, lead times, and other key targets related to the purchasing process.
- Responsible for minimizing air shipments through accurate order management.
- Monitor critical metrics to ensure an uninterrupted supply of materials for critical operating activities.
- Manage safety stock levels and process recommendations to forecasting teams for required adjustments.
- Identify, assess, and communicate supply disruption risks to your supervisor and key stakeholders.
- Manages relationships with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate payment to suppliers and reduce/minimize discrepancies in invoices against purchase orders.
- Identifies and often implements plans for continuous operational improvement within the department.
- Analyzes market trends and develops strategies to optimize procurement processes.
- Monitor and manage inventory levels to ensure adequate stock and minimize waste.
- Manage the procurement process from requisition to delivery, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Certification in procurement or supply chain management (e.g. CPSM, CSCP) is preferred.
- 7+ years of Procurement / Materials / Inventory Management experience
- Preference with experience in the Promotional Goods Industry
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Excel required; skills in Sequel or ERP related.
- Previous manufacturing industry experience with strong working knowledge of ERP required.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Native Czech speaker and excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven track record of cost savings and process improvement initiatives
- Experience in vendor management and supplier relationship management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills