Title: Claims Officer
Location: Dublin 3 – fully on-site
Contract type: Permanent
Our client is a leader in HR, Employment Law, and Health & Safety solutions across Ireland and UK. We’re currently recruiting for a Claims Officer in their office in Dublin 3.
You’ll review claims made for a protection product that the company offers for their clients. The role would be reviewing claims for the following of internal processes:
Risk mitigation through benchmarking provision from current decisions at the WRC and presentation on provision and risk to Senior Management.
- Reviewing allocated cases and achieving settlement, within designated personal authority level, in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Identifying non-standard or complex claims and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Consistently contribute to departmental success by meeting agreed personal and team targets for both productivity and quality
- Ensure accurate and efficient adjudication/investigation of each claim
- Effective handling of claims, ensuring optimum settlement for company and customer.
- Respond to client enquiries accurately and professionally
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Other Ad hoc duties as required
- Min 1-year experience in processing standard claims (Claims Officer/Claims Handler/Claims Specialist/etc)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Appetite for process improvement and simplification
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage time effectively
- Ability to spot patterns and work under pressure
- Employment law knowledge an advantage (not essential as training will be provided)
- Previous experience in a similar role desired